Welcome to NY Orthopaedic
Dr. Robert Cristofaro & Dr. John M. Nelson Jr., MD, PC
Orthopedic surgery is the branch of medicine that involves the diagnosis and treatment of all musculoskeletal problems. Over the past 30 years, due to the explosion of musculoskeletal knowledge, orthopedic surgery has evolved into multiple subspecialties such as sports medicine, hand surgery, foot and ankle surgery, trauma, spine surgery, total joint replacement surgery and pediatric orthopedic surgery.
Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery is the subspecialty that cares for children and adolescent orthopedic conditions such as:
- Congenital Clubfoot (Ponseti casting)
- Congenital hip disorders - Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH)
- Complex trauma and growth plate injury
- Pediatric sports medicine
- Neuromuscular disorders (cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, arthrogryposis, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, etc)
- Leg length inequalities
- Infection (osteomyelitis, septic arthritis, Lyme disease)
- Benign musculoskeletal tumors
- Juvenile arthritis
- Brachial plexus birth palsies
- Congenital hand, upper extremity, knee and foot deformities
Our practice of two fellowship trained pediatric orthopedic surgeons has been in existence since 1977 treating the full gamut of pediatric orthopedic abnormalities. Although most of our patients are children and adolescents, we also offer experienced care for adults.
Most of our pediatric orthopedic surgery takes place at the Maria Fareri Children's Hospital (Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla NY). We are intimately involved with teaching the residents of the New York Medical College Orthopedic Training Program. Our mission has always been to offer superior quality pediatric orthopedic care to patients regardless of the family's financial situation.
Contact our New York doctors for more information on orthopaedic surgery and services, or to schedule an appointment.
Three Cheers for a Safer Sideline
Shining Stars, The Magazine of the Children's Hospital for the Hudson Valley
Health & Life, Westchester Medical Center's Good Living Magazine Serving the Hudson Valley